I know, I missed posting yesterday… But I’m making up for it by combining my review of February and my list of goals for March! Please say you love me, readers, because chances are at the end of this post, you won’t. 🙃
February has come and gone (and rather quickly) which means it’s time for a review!
- It was birthday month and I was treated like a queen by my family, boyfriend, friends, and coworkers. I couldn’t have asked for a better way to celebrate!
- I finally have a handle on managing my depression better than ever before thanks to a vitamin D supplement and journaling. It feels great to have control over my emotions!
- My relationship with my boyfriend is now better than ever thanks to Valentine’s Day and a conversation that we needed to have!
- It snowed a lot… Driving a Fiat in very heavy snow was no easy feat! I’m hoping March brings some spring weather to Chicago because there’s no way I want to slip and slide my way to work or back home ever again.
- I was back in that dark place, briefly, and it was terrifying. Glad to be out and in a better place thanks to some much needed self care.
- I had a lot of anxiety this month about the future and my career. I will always be nervous about this, but there were a lot of sleepless nights this month thanks to insecurity, nervousness, anxiety, and an overall feeling of missing my opportunity and not being good enough.
You can read the goals I set for February here.
Key: ✓= accomplished; ✗= not accomplished; ~= made progress.
✓ Cut back on blogging: I changed my schedule from three times a week to two, so yes I did this, but cutting back didn’t help me in any way, shape, or form finish what I needed to get finished… It just gave me a lot of free time to do other things.
~ Get at least 50% done with my classes: I worked on my classes, but I didn’t hit the 50% mark. I’m driven by passion and, honestly, I’m not passionate about my online classes as much as I’m passionate about my blog, making memories with my boyfriend, and working on my resume and cover letter.
~ Finish reading The Handmaid’s Tale: I think I read one chapter… It’s safe to say that I’m in a reading rut.
✓ Journal: I consistently made an effort to journal in February and I learned so much about myself and my mental health that I plan on journaling more throughout my life!
✓ Learn more about fitness and nutrition: I’ve learned more about the FODMAP diet and low FODMAP foods. I’ve also found Nerd Fitness’ free articles which basically answered all of my questions about working out, strength training, and nutrition in an easy-to-read and easy-to-understand format.
✗ Go to the gym on a weekly basis: I think a lot of my anxiety this month stemmed from feeling overworked and stressed. Not to mention, this month gifted me with the flu and a popping/clicking shoulder. With everything already going against me, it was easy to skip the gym and just go home after a long day at work to hibernate until the next day. I know these are all excuses, because I do want to make a conscious and consistent effort to be active… I just need to be able to manage my time better.
February’s the shortest month of the year, but it definitely felt shorter than what it actually is! The month came and went, and although it was filled with fun and good times, it brought me the settling realization that I need to get my sh*t together. I’m ready for a fresh and more productive start in March!
Goals for March:
I only have one goal for March and you may not like it… Or you may really like it depending on how much you like me and my blog, but my one and only goal for March is:
❏ Take a break from blogging for two reasons:
(1) Like I said, I’m driven by passion, and I’m very passionate about writing and sharing with all of the wonderful bloggers and readers I’ve met through this blog every thought that goes through my mind and every experience I experience. What I need to be passionate about (school) has been put on the back burner because I’d rather be writing, reading blogs, and making connections with all of you. At this point (and kinda like Rapunzel from Tangled) I need to finish these classes so I can follow my dream.
(2) Not only have I been in a reading rut, but I’ve been in a creativity rut. I feel like I’m not putting my best foot forward when it comes to creating content for my blog. Recently, I’ve posted a lot of tags when beforehand I never posted any! I think a break will do me some good and will get the creative juices flowing again.
Questions you may be asking your internal monologue right now:
Does this mean you’re going away for forever? No, of course not! My plan is to come back in April with new content and completed coursework. Of course I’ll be back to read and catch up with some of my favorite blogs (I just can’t stay away), so you’ll see me occasionally liking and commenting on blog posts.
What will I ever do until April? Here’s a list of my favorite blog posts I ever wrote that never received the traffic that I think they deserved:
- Adventure for the Infamous “He Burrito”
- A Home Away From Home
- Day 6: Krampus (aka: The Thing of Nightmares)
- Remembering to “Fight Fair”
- Visitors in the Dark
You can check them out if you so wish! I also have a list of my most popular posts (by reader’s choice) on my right sidebar that you can check out if you already haven’t.
How can I keep up with your shenanigans? You’re more than welcome to follow me on Instagram or Twitter! Yes, they’re private accounts, but don’t be shy… Just send me a follow request. I also have a contact page if social media isn’t your thang and emailing is!
Alright, friends! I’ll see you all in April hopefully a changed woman! I love you all so much, and thank you for your constant support and friendship. Until next month!